Please find below the pre-order details for Saturday 17th November:
**Order book for Saturday 17th November is now closed**
1/ Riddler – plain sourdough – Our signature loaf – it is made with 80% white wheat flour, 10% wholewheat and 10% whole rye. The wholewheat and rye contribute heaps of flavour and this classic sourdough works really well for all occasions! Despite being predominantly white flour there is still plenty of vitamins & minerals in it due to the presence of small particles of bran throughout the Mungoswells organic white flour that we use. (Large loaf £3.00) (Vegan, Dairy-free)
2/ Roasted Beetroot, Black Sesame & Toasted Coconut sourdough
Silver Medal winner at the 2018 Scottish Bread Championships!
This loaf was a gift from the Beast from the East! Snowed in to Riddle-Me-Rye HQ with only my sourdough starter for company I had the chance to experiment with flavour and colour combinations and this one turned out a stunner! I wanted to create a really vivid loaf that was in total contrast to the blanket of white snow surrounding me. The flavours in this sourdough variety work wonderfully together. The umami flavour of the black sesame enhances the savoury, earthy qualities of the beetroot, while the coconut highlights the sweetness which comes from the caramelised sugars produced during roasting of the beetroot. It is both sweet and savoury. Works beautifully with goats cheese or wensleydale but the only limits are your imagination! (Medium loaf, £3.75)(Vegan, dairy-free)
3/ Dalradian Sourdough – Potato, buttermilk, dulse (dillisk seaweed) & oat sourdough
This loaf was a Silver medal winner at the 2018 Scottish Bread Championships!
It is inspired by the ancient kingdom of Dalriada which once spanned Western Scotland and Northeast Ireland. It tells the story of an Ulsterman’s journey to Scotland. Bringing the traditional potatoes & buttermilk of home, collecting dulse (dillisk seaweed) on the shores during his crossing & combining with the golden wheat & oats of this new land across the water which he now calls home. It mirrors my personal journey and pays homage to the traditional ingredients of Scotland and Ireland – this is a potato, buttermilk, dulse & oat sourdough. (Medium loaf, £3.75)(Vegetarian)
4/ Malted multigrain sourdough – Made with malted wheat flakes, sunflower seeds, malted barley flour, sesame seeds, malted rye grains, pumpkin seeds and linseeds! This loaf is flavoursome and highly nutritious, it is the sourdough equivalent of a granary-style loaf. (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free)
5/ Focaccia – Light bubbly bread made with Italian flour, focaccia is perfect for tearing, sharing and snacking. This week we will have the following three varieties:
- Olive & Rosemary (Vegan, dairy-free) OR
- Courgette ribbons & parmesan OR
- Red onion & gruyere
Slices are approximately 6inch x 5inch in size. (Focaccia slice £3.00)
6/ Apple & Cinnamon scones (Vegetarian, £1.25 each)
** NEW** Riddle-Me-Rye Gift tokens – give the gift of real bread to friends & family! Can be used to purchase any items that Riddle-Me-Rye offers. Available in multiples of £5.
Also available are the following stock items:
Aye Pickled – Pickle Jars (£4.00 each)
Varieties available (425g jars):
- Bread & Butter pickles – wee cucumbers cured & pickled in a spice blend
- Thai shallots – pickled with lemongrass & kaffir lime
- Spicy Beets – golden beetroot pickled with peppercorns, ginger and chilli
- Hot Roots – root veg in a sweet brine with fresh chilli & coriander seed
- Pickled Slaw – This pickled version is an amazing alternative to mayo laden coleslaw
All varieties contain sulphites which are a natural byproduct of the vinegar fermentation.
- Raspberry & Vanilla (£6.00)
- Bee pollen & Mango (£6.00)
- Dark Milk (£6.00)
- Fig & Orange (£6.00)
- Salted Almond (£6.00)
- Island Sea Salt (£6.00)
- Coffee Bean (£6.00)
- 75% (£6.00)
Loose leaf tea varieties available:
- Bruntsfield Breakfast (organic) – classic blend of black Assam (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- First Flush Darjeeling – first harvest Darjeeling, floral & complex (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Earl Grey – Blue Flower – black tea flavoured with bergamot and blue cornflower petals (100g pouch) (£5.00)
- Evening Chai – Carob & cocoa kernels flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla (100g pouch) (£6.00)
- Orange Pistachio Rooibos – Rooibos flavoured with orange, pistachios and pink pepper (100g pouch) (£5.60)
- Tropical Dream – Fruity green Rooibos flavoured with mango pieces (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- Peppermint – Exceedingly aromatic whole peppermint leaves (40g pouch) (£5.00)
- Nana Mint – Pure Moroccan spearmint (40g pouch) (£3.50)
- China Gunpowder (organic) – Refreshing spicy and slightly smoky green tea (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Aracha – whole leaf green tea with a deep green colour and bold taste (50g pouch) (£8.00)
Fortitude locally roasted Coffee
Varieties available (250g bags):
- Fazenda Cetec (Brazil) – notes of plums, port & brown sugar (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.50)
- Gaikundo PB (Keyna)– notes of blackcurrant, grapefruit & honey (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£10.50)
- Caldono decaffeinated (Colombia) – notes of sweet apple, citrus & caramel (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.00)
Please note that these coffees are supplied as whole beans. Can be ground on request (please leave a note in the comment section of the order form if you require the beans to be ground).
Orkney Craft Vinegar
Both of these vinegars are fermented in small batches on Orkney and are probiotic live products.
The Bere Malt vinegar is made using Bere barley which is an ancient form of barley in use on Orkney for millennia. It is aged in oak barrels and has a deep malty, treacle-like flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
The Honey and Meadowsweet vinegar is made with pure honey & Orcadian spring water, infused with Meadowsweet. It is aged in chestnut barrels and has a light, delicate, floral/herbal flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
That’s Jammy Jams & Chutneys (£2.50 each)
Varieties available (100ml jars):
- Strawberry & balsamic jam
- Ginger & apple chutney
- Courgette Chutney
- Hot Chilli jam
- More flavours coming soon!
Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil 500ml (£5.00)
Natural Oak Smoked Chipotle Oil 250ml (£4.00)
Dijon Vinaigrette 250ml (£3.50)
Honey & Mustard dressing (£3.50) **New in!**
LoveThatView Tea Towels (£9 each)
LoveThatView ToteBags (£5 each)
Riddle-Me-Rye sourdough starters (established 2009)
Sachet of dried wheat sourdough starter (£4.00)
Sachet of dried rye sourdough starter (£4.00)
How to order:
Complete the order form below by 7pm Thursday (15th November) for collection/delivery on Saturday (17th November). Collection from Riddle-Me-Rye HQ (Piershill Terrace, EH8 7EY) will be available between 10.00am-11am OR Baba Rista cafe from 9:30am – 4pm. Deliveries in Edinburgh by arrangement between 11.30am and 2pm. Deliveries are free but subject to a £10 minimum order and available only to postcodes in EH1, EH2, EH3, EH4, EH5, EH6, EH7, EH8 & EH9.
Please note that I can’t give a precise time for deliveries due to the variable nature of the route so I do encourage people to collect where possible if time is a factor. Once all orders are placed I will share my delivery route & approximate timings.
Products made using the following flours:
Mungoswells – Strong bread flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Strong brown bread flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Strong wholemeal flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Extra strong bread flour
Mungoswells – Whole Rye flour
Molino Grassi – Italian 00 flour.
All loaves & focaccia contain cereals (gluten)
Dalradian sourdough contains milk
Multigrain sourdough and Beetroot sourdough contain sesame
Focaccia with gruyere / parmesan contain milk
Scones contains milk, eggs, gluten
All products made in an environment where cereals, milk, eggs, nuts & sesame are handled. Products cannot be guaranteed to be free from traces of these ingredients.
**Order book for Saturday 17th November is now closed**