Please see below the pre-order selection for Friday 16th August:
** Order book is full for this week – sorry!**
1/ Chia & Flaxseed Omega-3 farmhouse sourdough – this sourdough loaf is packed with flax seeds and chia seeds which are high in Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. We don’t consume enough Omega-3 in our Western diet and consume far too much Omega-6 with this imbalance having a profound effect on human health. For more information on why it is important to consume more Omega-3 and less Omega-6 see the following article on the Riddle-Me-Rye website. The flour used in this loaf is around two thirds white and the remaining third a mixture of brown & wholemeal (Medium loaf, £3.50)(Vegan, dairy free)
2/ Muesli sourdough – This is a wonderful breakfast bread. It is packed with dried apricots, raisins, toasted sesame & sunflower seeds, whole hazelnuts and finished with a coating of rolled oats. Absolutely full of flavour and goodness to get your day off to a good start! One of my personal favourites! (Medium loaf, £4)(Vegan, dairy free)
3/ Chocolate, Cherry, Almond & Toasted Coconut sourdough – this bread was the winner of the Fruit Category in the Tiptree World Bread Awards 2018!
A decadent breakfast bread made with tart Montmorency cherries, whole blanched almonds, toasted coconut and oodles of dark chocolate! It might be decadent but there are still plenty of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants packed in there.
It is an expensive bread to make so for that reason we produce it in a smaller size than our other breads. It is available in a single or a double. A double portion is approximately the same size as our medium loaves (Double shown below). A single is half that, but enough for breakfast for two people. (Single £3, Double £5.50)(Vegan, dairy-free)
4/ Focaccia – Light bubbly traditional Italian bread made with biga (a portion of pre-fermented flour), focaccia is perfect for tearing, sharing and snacking. This week we will have the following varieties:
- Cherry tomato, artichoke heart & sweet red pepper (Vegan, dairy-free, £3.00/slice) **New variety**
- Roasted aubergine, red onion, tomato, green olive, caper & garlic (Vegan, dairy-free (£3.00/slice) **New variety**
- Olive & Rosemary (Vegan, dairy-free (£3.00/slice)
Slices are approximately 6inch x 5inch in size.
Also available are the following stock items:
- Kimchi – This traditional kimchi is made with napa cabbage & gochugaru chilli – a live product full of gut-friendly bacteria. Keep it in the fridge and have it with everything! Great in sandwiches, or on the side of pretty much anything. (425g jar, £5)
Pickles (all in 425g jars and £4 each):
- Bread & Butter pickles – wee cucumbers cured & pickled in a spice blend
- Spicy Beets – golden beetroot pickled with peppercorns, ginger and chilli
- Hot Roots – root veg in a sweet brine with fresh chilli & coriander seed
- Pickled Slaw – This pickled version is an amazing alternative to mayo laden coleslaw *Out of Stock*
Loose leaf tea varieties available:
- First Flush Darjeeling – first harvest Darjeeling, floral & complex (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Evening Chai – Carob & cocoa kernels flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla (100g pouch) (£6.00)
- Orange Pistachio Rooibos – Rooibos flavoured with orange, pistachios and pink pepper (100g pouch) (£5.60)
- Peppermint – Exceedingly aromatic whole peppermint leaves (40g pouch) (£5.00)
- Nana Mint – Pure Moroccan spearmint (40g pouch) (£3.50)
- China Gunpowder (organic) – Refreshing spicy and slightly smoky green tea (100g pouch) (£6.50) *Reduced to £5*
- Aracha – whole leaf green tea with a deep green colour and bold taste (50g pouch) (£8.00) *Reduced to £6*
The following stock items are reduced to clear:
- Ocelot Chocolate – Raspberry & Vanilla (75g bar) – £4 (*3 in stock*)
- Ocelot Chocolate – Coffee Bean (75g bar)(B.B. 20th Sept 2019) – £3 (*1 in stock*)
- Orkney Craft Vinegar – Honey & Meadowsweet (250ml bottle) – £6 (*1 in stock*)
- Orkney Craft Vinegar – Bere Malt vinegar (250ml bottle) – £6 (*4 in stock*)
- Black & Gold – Honey & Mustard Salad Dressing (250ml bottle) – £2 (B.B. 5th Sept 2019) (*1 in stock*)
- Love that View – Edinburgh Tea Towel – £5 (*5+ left in stock*)
- Love that View – Edinburgh Tote Bag – £3 (*5+ left in stock*)
How to order:
Complete the order form below by 7pm Wednesday (14th Aug) for collection/delivery on Friday (16th Aug). Collection from Riddle-Me-Rye HQ (Piershill Terrace, EH8 7EY) will be available between 5pm and 7pm. Deliveries in Edinburgh by arrangement between 1pm and 4pm. Deliveries are £2, with a £10 minimum order, and available only to postcodes in EH1, EH2, EH3, EH4, EH5, EH6, EH7, EH8 & EH9.
Please note that I can’t give a precise time for deliveries due to the variable nature of the route, however, if you wish to contact me after the order book closes on Wednesday evening I will be able to give a better estimate of the delivery time.
Products made using the following flours:
- Mungoswells – Strong bread flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Strong brown bread flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Strong wholemeal flour (organic)
- Marriages – Very strong Manitoba bread flour
- Shipton Mill – Italian Ciabatta flour (organic)
- Shipton Mill – Dark Rye flour (organic)
All loaves & focaccia contain cereals (gluten)
Chocolate sourdough contains almonds (nuts)
Muesli sourdough contains sesame, hazelnuts (nuts) and apricots (sulphites)
All products made in an environment where cereals, nuts, sesame & soya are handled. Products cannot be guaranteed to be free from traces of these ingredients.