** The order book for Friday 26th April is now closed – the order book for next week will open on Monday morning (29th April) **
Please see below the pre-order selection for Friday 26th April:
1/ Beetroot, toasted pumpkin seed & cumin sourdough – *Sold out* this loaf was a customer favourite at a Beer & Charcuterie pairing evening that we supplied the bread for in Campervan Brewery taproom. It has an earthy, warming flavour which begins with cumin and gives way to a beautiful sweetness from the roasted beetroot. It is delicious spread with hummus and I have also paired it with chilli and carrot and coriander soup. (Medium loaf, £4.00)(Vegan, dairy free)
2/ Miso & Sesame sourdough – What to say about this one! Inspired by Japanese flavours – the miso and black & white sesame meld beautifully to create a wonderful umami experience, cut with a slight lactic sourness. The smell, taste & texture of this loaf is divine (Medium loaf £4.00) (Vegan, dairy free).
3/ New York Deli Rye – *Sold out* Sourdough loaf made from a mixture of wheat and rye flour, flavoured with caraway seeds. New York Deli Rye has its origins in Jewish bakeries in the Lower-East side of New York and gave rise to that most famous of sandwiches – pastrami on rye. Have it with your choice of sesame or poppy seed dressing. (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free).
4/ Vollkornbrot – Made with 100% dark rye flour with an addition of cracked rye and sunflower seeds. A dense bread which is traditionally sliced thinly it is an ideal accompaniment to smoked fish, charcuterie, cheeses, pickles or simply spread with butter. It keeps exceptionally well and since it is not a crusty bread can even be kept in the fridge if desired. (520g loaf, £3.50)(Vegan, dairy free)
5/ Sourdough Bialys – These delicious chewy baked savouries are a customer favourite at our popup stalls. They make an excellent light lunch or savoury snack at any time of the day! They can be eaten cold and are also delicious served warm.
Bialys were originally made by Jewish bakers in Bialystok, Poland and consist of a round bread roll (not unlike a bagel), with a central pocket containing the filling which traditionally would be onion and poppy seeds. We’ve taken the original concept for bialys and made a sourdough version with our own take on the fillings.
Flavours available this week are:
- Bialy with Moonblush cherry tomatoes, whole roasted smoked garlic, capers & pickled red onion (Vegan, £2.50) (photo below)
- Bialy with onion, teriyaki mushrooms & sesame seeds (Vegan, £2.50)
- Bialy with onion, stilton & green olive (£2.50)
- Bialy with red onion & gruyere (£2.50)
6/ Lemon & Vanilla Brioche Buns – this enriched bread is beautifully light and slightly sweet (we don’t believe in using loads of sugar in our brioche!). It is delightful for elevenses along with your tea or coffee and we certainly won’t raise an eyebrow here at Riddle-Me-Rye if you decide to dunk your brioche!
This variety is lightly flavoured with lemon and vanilla (Large brioche bun, £2.50).
Also available are the following stock items:
Varieties available (425g jars):
- Bread & Butter pickles – wee cucumbers cured & pickled in a spice blend
- Thai shallots – pickled with lemongrass & kaffir lime
- Spicy Beets – golden beetroot pickled with peppercorns, ginger and chilli
- Hot Roots – root veg in a sweet brine with fresh chilli & coriander seed
- Pickled Slaw – This pickled version is an amazing alternative to mayo laden coleslaw
All varieties contain sulphites which are a natural byproduct of the vinegar fermentation.
Loose leaf tea varieties available:
- Bruntsfield Breakfast (organic) – classic blend of black Assam (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- First Flush Darjeeling – first harvest Darjeeling, floral & complex (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Evening Chai – Carob & cocoa kernels flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla (100g pouch) (£6.00)
- Orange Pistachio Rooibos – Rooibos flavoured with orange, pistachios and pink pepper (100g pouch) (£5.60)
- Peppermint – Exceedingly aromatic whole peppermint leaves (40g pouch) (£5.00)
- Nana Mint – Pure Moroccan spearmint (40g pouch) (£3.50)
- China Gunpowder (organic) – Refreshing spicy and slightly smoky green tea (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Aracha – whole leaf green tea with a deep green colour and bold taste (50g pouch) (£8.00)
That’s Jammy Jams & Chutneys (£2.00 each)
Varieties available (100ml jars):
- Strawberry & balsamic jam
- Blackcurrant jam
- Worcesterberry jam with gin
- Red onion & thyme marmalade
- Raspberry & amaretto jam
- Edinburgh plum jam
- Rhubarb & ginger jam
- Ginger & apple chutney
Spice Witch Relishes, Mustards & Chutneys (£5.00 each)
Varieties available (all 205g jars):
- Plum & red onion relish
- Carrot & Caraway Relish
- Mango & Chilli Chutney (Great Taste 2017 – 1 star)
- Raspberry & Vanilla (£6.00)
- Bee pollen & Mango (£6.00)
- Dark Milk (£6.00)
- Island Sea Salt (£6.00)
- Coffee Bean (£6.00)
- 75% (£6.00)
Fortitude locally roasted Coffee
Varieties available (250g bags):
- Fazenda Cetec (natural) (Brazil) – This is a rich and sweet cup with flavours of raisins, pecan and smooth caramel. (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.50)**
**Please note that these coffees are supplied as whole beans. Can be ground on request (please leave a note in the comment section of the order form if you require the beans to be ground and whether you would like fine/medium/coarse grind).
Orkney Craft Vinegar
Both of these vinegars are fermented in small batches on Orkney and are probiotic live products.
The Bere Malt vinegar is made using Bere barley which is an ancient form of barley in use on Orkney for millennia. It is aged in oak barrels and has a deep malty, treacle-like flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
The Honey and Meadowsweet vinegar is made with pure honey & Orcadian spring water, infused with Meadowsweet. It is aged in chestnut barrels and has a light, delicate, floral/herbal flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
- Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil 500ml (£5.00)
- Natural Oak Smoked Chipotle Oil 250ml (£4.00)
- Dijon Vinaigrette 250ml (£3.50)
- Honey & Mustard dressing 250ml (£3.50)
LoveThatView Tea Towels (£9 each)
LoveThatView ToteBags (£5 each)
Riddle-Me-Rye sourdough starters (established 2009)
- Sachet of dried wheat sourdough starter (£4.00)
- Sachet of dried rye sourdough starter (£4.00)
How to order:
Complete the order form below by 7pm Wednesday (24th April) for collection/delivery on Friday (26th April). Collection from Riddle-Me-Rye HQ (Piershill Terrace, EH8 7EY) will be available between 5pm and 7pm. Deliveries in Edinburgh by arrangement between 1pm and 4pm. Deliveries are £2, with a £10 minimum order, and available only to postcodes in EH1, EH2, EH3, EH4, EH5, EH6, EH7, EH8 & EH9.
Please note that I can’t give a precise time for deliveries due to the variable nature of the route, however, if you wish to contact me after the order book closes on Wednesday evening I will be able to give a better estimate of the delivery time.
Products made using the following flours:
- Mungoswells – Strong bread flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Strong brown bread flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Strong wholemeal flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Rye flour
- Mungoswells – Extra strong bread flour
- Shipton Mill – Ciabatta Flour (organic)
- Shipton Mill – Wholemeal Spelt (organic)
All sourdough loaves & bialys contain cereals (gluten)
Miso & sesame sourdough contains sesame
New York Deli Rye sourdough with sesame contains sesame
Bialys with gruyere / stilton contain milk
Lemon & vanilla brioche buns contain gluten, egg and milk
All products made in an environment where cereals, milk, eggs, nuts & sesame are handled. Products cannot be guaranteed to be free from traces of these ingredients.