** Order book closed for this week – the order book will open for next week on Monday morning around 9am**
Please see below the pre-order selection for Friday 3rd May. This week we have both of our gold medal winners from 2018 on the menu, together for the first time – the Five-grain Khorasan sourdough and the Chocolate, Cherry, Almond & Coconut sourdough.
We also have a sale across a number of our stock item ranges this week including:
- Aye Pickled – Thai Shallots – reduced from £4 to £3
- Spice Witch – Mango & Chilli Chutney – reduced from £5 to £4
- Spice Witch – Carrot & caraway relish – reduced from £5 to £4
- Spice Witch – Plum & red onion relish – reduced from £5 to £4
- Black & Gold – Cold pressed rapeseed oil – reduced from £5 to £4
- Ocelot Chocolate – Bee pollen & mango reduced from £6 to £4
- That’s Jammy – Last remaining stocks of jams & chutneys reduced from £2 to £1.50.
Please read on for this week’s full listing:
1/ Five-grain Khorasan sourdough – *Sold out* This sourdough loaf was a Gold Medal winner and Reserve Champion at the 2018 Scottish Bread Championships!
Khorasan is an ancient grain with a rich, nutty, buttery flavour. It is more nutritious than modern wheat and is high in protein, fibre, B vitamins and minerals, in particular manganese. Some people with an intolerance to modern wheat varieties have found they can digest products made with Khorasan flour more easily. This loaf is supplemented by a five grain blend of malted wheat flakes, barley flakes, sunflower seeds, millet and oats. (Medium loaf, £3.50)(Vegan, dairy-free)
2/ Chocolate, Cherry, Almond & Toasted Coconut sourdough – *Sold out* this bread was the winner of the Fruit Category in the Tiptree World Bread Awards 2018!
A decadent breakfast bread made with tart Montmorency cherries, whole blanched almonds, toasted coconut and oodles of dark chocolate! It might be decadent but there’s still plenty of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants packed in there. 100% Vegan too!
It is an expensive bread to make so for that reason we produce it in a smaller size than our other breads. It is available in a single or a double. A double portion is approximately the same size as our medium loaves (double shown below). A single is half that, but enough for breakfast for two people. (Single £3, Double £5.50)(Vegan, dairy-free)
3/ Barley grain & ale sourdough – *Sold out* This customer favourite is made with dark ale, toasted barley, sunflower seeds and linseeds. It has a crunchy crust, wonderfully soft crumb, a nutty flavour from the toasted grains and a hint of ale. It works really well with cheese and chutney but is equally delicious on its own! The added seeds and barley are a good source of iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium, manganese, B-vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, Dairy-free)
4/ Roasted sweet potato, rosemary & parmesan sourdough – *Sold out* This loaf contains chunks of roasted sweet potato as well as sweet potato mash in the dough itself. It is a beautifully balanced loaf with a real depth of flavour, buttery, aromatic and with a slight sweetness from the roasted sweet potato. After shaping it is dressed with sesame seeds which add a final nutty note to the overall flavour. (medium loaf £3.50)
5/ Focaccia – Light bubbly traditional Italian bread made with biga (a portion of pre-fermented flour), focaccia is perfect for tearing, sharing and snacking. This week we will have the following varieties:
- Cherry tomato (Vegan, dairy-free, £3.00/slice)
- Red onion & gruyere (£3.00/slice)
- Courgette & parmesan (£3.00/slice)
- Rosemary & rock salt (Vegan, dairy free, £2.50/slice)
Slices are approximately 6inch x 5inch in size.
6/ Lemon & Fruit Teacakes – These zingy little numbers are filled with lemon zest, raisins and sultanas. They are perfect sliced, toasted and slathered in real butter. A teatime treat! (Vegetarian)(£1.50 each)
Also available are the following stock items:
Varieties available (425g jars):
- Bread & Butter pickles – wee cucumbers cured & pickled in a spice blend
- Thai shallots – pickled with lemongrass & kaffir lime *Reduced to £3 – this week only*
- Spicy Beets – golden beetroot pickled with peppercorns, ginger and chilli
- Hot Roots – root veg in a sweet brine with fresh chilli & coriander seed
- Pickled Slaw – This pickled version is an amazing alternative to mayo laden coleslaw
All varieties contain sulphites which are a natural byproduct of the vinegar fermentation.
Loose leaf tea varieties available:
- Bruntsfield Breakfast (organic) – classic blend of black Assam (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- First Flush Darjeeling – first harvest Darjeeling, floral & complex (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Evening Chai – Carob & cocoa kernels flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla (100g pouch) (£6.00)
- Orange Pistachio Rooibos – Rooibos flavoured with orange, pistachios and pink pepper (100g pouch) (£5.60)
- Peppermint – Exceedingly aromatic whole peppermint leaves (40g pouch) (£5.00)
- Nana Mint – Pure Moroccan spearmint (40g pouch) (£3.50)
- China Gunpowder (organic) – Refreshing spicy and slightly smoky green tea (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Aracha – whole leaf green tea with a deep green colour and bold taste (50g pouch) (£8.00)
That’s Jammy Jams & Chutneys (*All varieties reduced to £1.50*)
Varieties available (100ml jars):
- Strawberry & balsamic jam
- Blackcurrant jam
- Worcesterberry jam with gin
- Red onion & thyme marmalade
- Raspberry & amaretto jam
- Edinburgh plum jam
- Rhubarb & ginger jam
- Ginger & apple chutney
Spice Witch Relishes, Mustards & Chutneys (*All varieties reduced to £4 – this week only*)
Varieties available (all 205g jars):
- Plum & red onion relish
- Carrot & Caraway Relish
- Mango & Chilli Chutney (Great Taste 2017 – 1 star)
- Raspberry & Vanilla (£6.00)
- Bee pollen & Mango (*Reduced to £4.00 – this week only*)
- Dark Milk (£6.00)
- Island Sea Salt (£6.00)
- Coffee Bean (£6.00)
- 75% (£6.00)
Fortitude locally roasted Coffee
Varieties available (250g bags):
- Fazenda Cetec (natural) (Brazil) – This is a rich and sweet cup with flavours of raisins, pecan and smooth caramel. (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.50)**
**Please note that these coffees are supplied as whole beans. Can be ground on request (please leave a note in the comment section of the order form if you require the beans to be ground and whether you would like fine/medium/coarse grind).
Orkney Craft Vinegar
Both of these vinegars are fermented in small batches on Orkney and are probiotic live products.
The Bere Malt vinegar is made using Bere barley which is an ancient form of barley in use on Orkney for millennia. It is aged in oak barrels and has a deep malty, treacle-like flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
The Honey and Meadowsweet vinegar is made with pure honey & Orcadian spring water, infused with Meadowsweet. It is aged in chestnut barrels and has a light, delicate, floral/herbal flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
- Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil 500ml (*Reduced to £4 – this week only*)
- Natural Oak Smoked Chipotle Oil 250ml (£4.00)
- Dijon Vinaigrette 250ml (£3.50)
- Honey & Mustard dressing 250ml (£3.50)
LoveThatView Tea Towels (£9 each)
LoveThatView ToteBags (£5 each)
Riddle-Me-Rye sourdough starters (established 2009)
- Sachet of dried wheat sourdough starter (£4.00)
- Sachet of dried rye sourdough starter (£4.00)
How to order:
Complete the order form below by 7pm Wednesday (1st May) for collection/delivery on Friday (3rd May). Collection from Riddle-Me-Rye HQ (Piershill Terrace, EH8 7EY) will be available between 5pm and 7pm. Deliveries in Edinburgh by arrangement between 1pm and 4pm. Deliveries are £2, with a £10 minimum order, and available only to postcodes in EH1, EH2, EH3, EH4, EH5, EH6, EH7, EH8 & EH9.
Please note that I can’t give a precise time for deliveries due to the variable nature of the route, however, if you wish to contact me after the order book closes on Wednesday evening I will be able to give a better estimate of the delivery time.
Products made using the following flours:
- Mungoswells – Strong bread flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Strong brown bread flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Strong wholemeal flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Rye flour
- Mungoswells – Extra strong bread flour
- Shipton Mill – Ciabatta Flour (organic)
- Shipton Mill – Wholemeal Khorasan (organic)
All sourdough loaves & focaccia contain cereals (gluten)
Sweet potato sourdough contains sesame & parmesan (milk)
Chocolate sourdough contains almonds (nuts)
Focaccia with gruyere / parmesan contains milk
Lemon & fruit teacakes contain gluten, egg and milk
All products made in an environment where cereals, milk, eggs, nuts & sesame are handled. Products cannot be guaranteed to be free from traces of these ingredients.