Please find below the pre-order details for Saturday 10th November:
** Order book closed for Saturday 10th November **
1/ White Buttermilk sourdough – This is a simple white loaf with a difference! Some of the water in the dough has been replaced with buttermilk. Buttermilk is the liquid left over from churning butter. On its own it has a yoghurt like quality and taste. However, in this bread it transforms a straight-up white dough into something wonderful. The lactose sugar in the buttermilk enhance the crust formation so you have a loaf with an amazing crunchy crust hiding a beautifully soft and creamy crumb underneath. Since we use Mungoswells organic white flour for this loaf there is still plenty of vitamins & minerals in it due to the presence of small particles of bran throughout the flour. This loaf was a Bronze Medal winner at the 2018 Scottish Bread Championships! (Medium loaf, £3.00)(Vegetarian)
2/ Walnut sourdough – packed with walnuts and uses toasted walnut flour in the sourdough culture. It has a mauve coloured crumb due to the walnut flour and a deep buttery walnut flavour which works exceptionally well with blue cheeses. Walnuts are rich in Omega-3, antioxidants, iron, selenium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamin E, and vitamin B6 (Medium loaf £3.75) (Vegetarian)
3/ Miso & Sesame sourdough – What to say about this one! Inspired by Japanese flavours – the miso and black & white sesame meld beautifully to create a wonderful umami experience, cut with a slight lactic sourness. The smell, taste & texture of this loaf is divine (Medium loaf £3.75) (Vegan, dairy free).
4/ Sprouted Barley sourdough – Sprouted grains contain a wealth of nutrients as the grains gear up to produce a new plant. The sprouting process increases levels of key nutrients such as B vitamins, vitamin C, amino acids and folate. We can harness this natural process and capture the sprouting grains at their peak and use them to create some delicious breads! In this case we have sprouted barley grains and incorporated the whole sprouted grains into a dough which is predominantly organic wheat with a touch of rye (10%). Finally the dough is rolled in barley flakes before being cold fermented and baked to a beautiful golden hue!
It has a wonderful nutty flavour, wholesome texture from the sprouted grains and is jam-packed with nutrition! (Medium loaf, £3.75)(Vegan, dairy free)
5/ Sourdough Bialys – These delicious chewy baked savouries are a customer favourite at our popup stalls. They make an excellent light lunch or savoury snack at any time of the day! They can be eaten cold and are also delicious served warm.
Bialys were originally made by Jewish bakers in Bialystok, Poland and consist of a round bread roll (not unlike a bagel), with a central pocket containing the filling which traditionally would be onion and poppy seeds. We’ve taken the original concept for bialys and made a sourdough version with our own take on the fillings!
Flavours available this week are:
- Bialy with Moonblush cherry tomatoes, whole roasted smoked garlic, capers & pickled red onion (Vegan, £2.50) (photo below)
- Bialy with white onion, cheddar & chorizo (£2.50)
- Bialy with red onion & gruyere (£2.50)
6/ Lemon & Vanilla Brioche Buns – this enriched bread is beautifully light and slightly sweet (we don’t believe in using loads of sugar in our brioche!). It is delightful for elevenses along with your tea or coffee and we certainly won’t raise an eyebrow here at Riddle-Me-Rye if you decide to dunk your brioche!
This variety is lightly flavoured with lemon and vanilla and just to keep you intrigued… there will be more flavours coming soon! (Large brioche bun, £2.50).
Also available are the following stock items:
- Raspberry & Vanilla (£6.00)
- Bee pollen & Mango (£6.00)
- Dark Milk (£6.00)
- Fig & Orange (£6.00)
- Salted Almond (£6.00)
- Island Sea Salt (£6.00)
- Coffee Bean (£6.00)
- 75% (£6.00)
Loose leaf tea varieties available:
- Bruntsfield Breakfast (organic) – classic blend of black Assam (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- First Flush Darjeeling – first harvest Darjeeling, floral & complex (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Earl Grey – Blue Flower – black tea flavoured with bergamot and blue cornflower petals (100g pouch) (£5.00)
- Evening Chai – Carob & cocoa kernels flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla (100g pouch) (£6.00)
- Orange Pistachio Rooibos – Rooibos flavoured with orange, pistachios and pink pepper (100g pouch) (£5.60)
- Tropical Dream – Fruity green Rooibos flavoured with mango pieces (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- Peppermint – Exceedingly aromatic whole peppermint leaves (40g pouch) (£5.00)
- Nana Mint – Pure Moroccan spearmint (40g pouch) (£3.50)
- China Gunpowder (organic) – Refreshing spicy and slightly smoky green tea (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Aracha – whole leaf green tea with a deep green colour and bold taste (50g pouch) (£8.00)
Fortitude locally roasted Coffee
Varieties available (250g bags):
- Fazenda Cetec (Brazil) – notes of plums, port & brown sugar (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.50)
- Gaikundo PB (Keyna)– notes of blackcurrant, grapefruit & honey (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£10.50)
- Caldono decaffeinated (Colombia) – notes of sweet apple, citrus & caramel (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.00)
Please note that these coffees are supplied as whole beans. Can be ground on request (please leave a note in the comment section of the order form if you require the beans to be ground).
Orkney Craft Vinegar
Both of these vinegars are fermented in small batches on Orkney and are probiotic live products.
The Bere Malt vinegar is made using Bere barley which is an ancient form of barley in use on Orkney for millennia. It is aged in oak barrels and has a deep malty, treacle-like flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
The Honey and Meadowsweet vinegar is made with pure honey & Orcadian spring water, infused with Meadowsweet. It is aged in chestnut barrels and has a light, delicate, floral/herbal flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
That’s Jammy Jams & Chutneys (£2.50 each)
Varieties available (100ml jars):
- Strawberry & balsamic jam
- Ginger & apple chutney
- Courgette Chutney
- Hot Chilli jam
- More flavours coming soon!
Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil 500ml (£5.00)
Natural Oak Smoked Chipotle Oil 250ml (£4.00)
Dijon Vinaigrette 250ml (£3.50)
Honey & Mustard dressing (£3.50) **New in!**
Aye Pickled – Pickle Jars (£4.00 each)
Varieties available (425g jars):
- Bread & Butter pickles – wee cucumbers cured & pickled in a spice blend
- Thai shallots – pickled with lemongrass & kaffir lime
- Spicy Beets – golden beetroot pickled with peppercorns, ginger and chilli
- Hot Roots – root veg in a sweet brine with fresh chilli & coriander seed
- Pickled Slaw – This pickled version is an amazing alternative to mayo laden coleslaw
All varieties contain sulphites which are a natural byproduct of the vinegar fermentation.
LoveThatView Tea Towels (£9 each)
LoveThatView ToteBags (£5 each)
Riddle-Me-Rye sourdough starters (established 2009)
Sachet of dried wheat sourdough starter (£4.00)
Sachet of dried rye sourdough starter (£4.00)
Complete the order form below by 7pm Thursday (8th November) for collection/delivery on Saturday (10th November). Collection from Riddle-Me-Rye HQ (Piershill Terrace, EH8 7EY) will be available between 10.00am-11am OR Baba Rista cafe from 9:30am – 4pm. Deliveries in Edinburgh by arrangement between 11.30am and 2pm. Deliveries are free but subject to a £10 minimum order and available only to postcodes in EH1, EH2, EH3, EH4, EH5, EH6, EH7, EH8 & EH9.
Please note that I can’t give a precise time for deliveries due to the variable nature of the route so I do encourage people to collect where possible if time is a factor. Once all orders are placed I will share my delivery route & approximate timings.
Products made using the following flours:
Mungoswells – Strong bread flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Strong brown bread flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Strong wholemeal flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Rye flour
Shipton Mill – Spelt flour (organic)
Molino Grassi – Italian 00 flour.
All loaves contain cereals (gluten)
Buttermilk sourdough contains milk
Miso & sesame sourdough contains sesame
Walnut sourdough contains nuts & butter (milk)
Bialys contain gluten. Onion cheddar & chorizo bialy, and red onion & gruyere bialy contain cheese (milk)
Brioche contains milk, eggs, gluten
All products made in an environment where cereals, milk, eggs, nuts & sesame are handled. Products cannot be guaranteed to be free from traces of these ingredients.
** Order book closed for Saturday 10th November **