Please find below the pre-order details for Saturday 13th October:
** The order book for Saturday 13th October is now closed**
1/ Pain de Campagne (French Country Sourdough) – Hearty country bread with a chewy flavoursome crust. Made with a rye sourdough starter which gives it a lovely acetic tang. This is one of THE classic sourdough loaves! A great all rounder – perfect for sandwiches, toast or with cheese! (Large loaf, £3)(Vegan, dairy free)
2/ Wheat, spelt & rye sourdough – A new sourdough combining these three classic grains! White wheat flour is combined with wholemeal spelt & wholemeal rye to provide all the goodness of whole grains! This is a contender for a new “house” sourdough. Extremely versatile, this works well for all occasions and is a great every day sourdough.
Please note that this loaf will be baked to a darker crust than the norm for Riddle-Me-Rye loaves for those folk who prefer a darker crust! (Medium loaf, £3.00)(Vegan, dairy free)
3/ Beetroot, toasted pumpkin seed & cumin sourdough – this loaf was a customer favourite at a Beer & Charcuterie pairing evening that we supplied the bread for in Campervan Brewery taproom! It has an earthy, warming flavour which begins with cumin and gives way to a beautiful sweetness from the roasted beetroot. It is delicious spread with hummus and I have also paired it with beef chilli and carrot and corainder soup. (Medium loaf, £3.75)(Vegan, dairy free)
4/ Roasted sweet potato, rosemary & parmesan sourdough – This loaf contains chunks of roasted sweet potato as well as sweet potato mash in the dough itself. It is a beautifully balanced loaf with a real depth of flavour, buttery, aromatic and with a slight sweetness from the roasted sweet potato. After shaping it is dressed with sesame seeds which add a final nutty note to the overall flavour. (medium loaf £3.50)
5/ Tourte au Seigle – A traditional French sourdough loaf containing 73% dark rye flour, it has a beautifully complex flavour which continues to develop as the loaf ages. It has a very thick crust with a moist crumb and keeps exceptionally well. Traditionally served sliced thinly, it works very well with smoked salmon, cheese, and charcuterie. (large loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free)
6/ Gruyere, roasted shallot and thyme scones (£1.50 each)
7/ Lemon & Vanilla Brioche Buns – this enriched bread is beautifully light and slightly sweet (we don’t believe in using loads of sugar in our brioche!). It is delightful for elevenses along with your tea or coffee and we certainly won’t raise an eyebrow here at Riddle-Me-Rye if you decide to dunk your brioche!
This variety is lightly flavoured with lemon and vanilla and just to keep you intrigued… there will be more flavours coming soon! (Large brioche bun, £2.50).
Also available are the following stock items:
Loose leaf tea varieties available:
- Bruntsfield Breakfast (organic) – classic blend of black Assam (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- First Flush Darjeeling – first harvest Darjeeling, floral & complex (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Earl Grey – Blue Flower – black tea flavoured with bergamot and blue cornflower petals (100g pouch) (£5.00)
- Evening Chai – Carob & cocoa kernels flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla (100g pouch) (£6.00)
- Orange Pistachio Rooibos – Rooibos flavoured with orange, pistachios and pink pepper (100g pouch) (£5.60)
- Tropical Dream – Fruity green Rooibos flavoured with mango pieces (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- Peppermint – Exceedingly aromatic whole peppermint leaves (40g pouch) (£5.00)
- Nana Mint – Pure Moroccan spearmint (40g pouch) (£3.50)
- China Gunpowder (organic) – Refreshing spicy and slightly smoky green tea (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Aracha – whole leaf green tea with a deep green colour and bold taste (50g pouch) (£8.00)
Fortitude locally roasted Coffee
Varieties available (250g bags):
- Santuario – notes of caramel, red apple & vanilla (recommended for espresso machines) (£8.00)
- Gaikundo PB – notes of blackcurrant, grapefruit & honey (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£10.50)
- Caldono decaffeinated – notes of sweet apple, citrus & caramel (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.00)
Please note that these coffees are supplied as whole beans. Can be ground on request (please leave a note in the comment section of the order form if you require the beans to be ground).
Orkney Craft Vinegar
Both of these vinegars are fermented in small batches on Orkney and are probiotic live products.
The Bere Malt vinegar is made using Bere barley which is an ancient form of barley in use on Orkney for millennia. It is aged in oak barrels and has a deep malty, treacle-like flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
The Honey and Meadowsweet vinegar is made with pure honey & Orcadian spring water, infused with Meadowsweet. It is aged in chestnut barrels and has a light, delicate, floral/herbal flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
That’s Jammy Jams & Chutneys (£2.50 each)
Varieties available (100ml jars):
- Strawberry and prosecco jam
- Strawberry and Leith gin jam
- Strawberry & balsamic jam
- Raspberry & Amaretto jam
- Raspberry & lime jam
- Ginger & apple chutney
- Courgette Chutney
- Hot Chilli jam
Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil 500ml (£5.00)
Natural Oak Smoked Chipotle Oil 250ml (£4.00)
Dijon Vinaigrette 250ml (£3.50)
Aye Pickled – Pickle Jars (£4.00 each)
Varieties available (425g jars):
- Bread & Butter pickles – wee cucumbers cured & pickled in a spice blend
- Thai shallots – pickled with lemongrass & kaffir lime
- Spicy Beets – golden beetroot pickled with peppercorns, ginger and chilli
- Hot Roots – root veg in a sweet brine with fresh chilli & coriander seed
- Pickled Slaw – This pickled version is an amazing alternative to mayo laden coleslaw
All varieties contain sulphites which are a natural byproduct of the vinegar fermentation.
- Raspberry & Vanilla (£6.00)
- Bee pollen & Mango (£6.00)
LoveThatView Tea Towels (£9 each)
LoveThatView ToteBags (£5 each)
Riddle-Me-Rye sourdough starters (established 2009)
Sachet of dried wheat sourdough starter (£4.00)
Sachet of dried rye sourdough starter (£4.00)
Complete the order form below by 7pm Thursday (11th October) for collection/delivery on Saturday (13th October). Collection from Riddle-Me-Rye HQ (Piershill Terrace, EH8 7EY) will be available between 10.00am-11am OR Baba Rista cafe from 9:30am – 4pm. Deliveries in Edinburgh by arrangement between 11.30am and 2pm. Deliveries are free but subject to a £10 minimum order and available only to postcodes in EH1, EH2, EH3, EH4, EH5, EH6, EH7, EH8 & EH9.
Please note that I can’t give a precise time for deliveries due to the variable nature of the route so I do encourage people to collect where possible if time is a factor. Once all orders are placed I will share my delivery route & approximate timings.
Products made using the following flours:
Mungoswells – Strong bread flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Strong brown bread flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Strong wholemeal flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Rye flour
Shipton Mill – Spelt flour (organic)
Molino Grassi – Italian 00 flour.
All loaves contain cereals (gluten)
Roasted sweet potato sourdough contains parmesan (milk) & sesame
Lemon & vanilla brioche contains milk, eggs, gluten
Scones contain gluten, milk & eggs.
All products made in an environment where gluten, milk, eggs, nuts & sesame are handled. Products cannot be guaranteed to be free from traces of these ingredients.
** The order book for Saturday 13th October is now closed**