Please find below the pre-order details for Saturday 1st December:
** Order book for Saturday 1st December is now full **
** Christmas gift offer – we have tote bags available, filled with fantastic Scottish Artisan produce. This includes 3 great value set deals and also the facility to build your own custom selection with 10% off any custom selections over £25. More details here **
1/ Barley grain & ale sourdough – This customer favourite is made with dark ale, toasted barley, sunflower seeds and linseeds. It has a crunchy crust, wonderfully soft crumb, a nutty flavour from the toasted grains and a hint of ale. It works really well with cheese and chutney but is equally delicious on its own! The added seeds and barley are a good source of iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium, manganese, B-vitamins and Omega-3 fatty acids (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, Dairy-free) **Sold out**
2/ New York Deli Rye – Sourdough loaf made from a mixture of wheat and rye flour, flavoured with caraway seeds. New York Deli Rye has its origins in Jewish bakeries in the Lower-East side of New York and gave rise to that most famous of sandwiches – pastrami on rye! Have it with your choice of sesame or poppy seed dressing! (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free).
3/ Double Chocolate, Orange and Hazelnut sourdough – This bread is insane….It is THE perfect breakfast bread – forget nutella, forget marmalade, forget toast, this bread has it all going on! It really pushes the boundaries of what a sourdough can be. Try it once and you will be hooked – breakfast will never be quite the same again!
It is an expensive bread to make so far that reason we produce it in a smaller size than all of our other breads. It is available in a single or a double. A double portion is approximately the same size as our medium loaves. A single is half that, but enough for breakfast for two people. (Single £3, Double £5.50)(Vegan, dairy-free)
4/ Foreign Extra Rye – this sourdough is our take on a Danish rugbrød. We call it “Foreign Extra Rye” and the clue why is in the photograph below! Starting with Mungoswells 100% dark rye flour we add toasted sunflower seeds, malted rye chops and linseeds that have been soaked overnight in Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (the strong export version of this classic ale). Finally we add a touch of barley malt extract before bringing the whole thing together. The depth of flavour in this loaf is incredible! (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free)
5/ Gruyere, roasted shallot and thyme scones (£1.50 each)
6/ Lemon & Vanilla Brioche Buns – this enriched bread is beautifully light and slightly sweet (we don’t believe in using loads of sugar in our brioche!). It is delightful for elevenses along with your tea or coffee and we certainly won’t raise an eyebrow here at Riddle-Me-Rye if you decide to dunk your brioche!
This variety is lightly flavoured with lemon and vanilla (Large brioche bun, £2.50).
Riddle-Me-Rye Gift tokens – give the gift of real bread to friends & family! Can be used to purchase any items that Riddle-Me-Rye offers. Available in multiples of £5.
Also available are the following stock items:
Spice Witch Relishes, Mustards & Chutneys (£5.00 each)
Varieties available (all 205g jars except mustard which is 195g):
- Spiced Cherries (Great Taste 2017 – 1 star)
- Smoky Tomato Relish (Great Taste 2018 – 1 star)
- Plum & red onion relish
- Maple & Chilli mustard
- Carrot & Caraway Relish
- Mango & Chilli Chutney (Great Taste 2017 – 1 star)
Most contain vinegar (sulphites) – check with Riddle-Me-Rye if unsure
Aye Pickled – Pickle Jars (£4.00 each)
Varieties available (425g jars):
- Bread & Butter pickles – wee cucumbers cured & pickled in a spice blend
- Thai shallots – pickled with lemongrass & kaffir lime
- Spicy Beets – golden beetroot pickled with peppercorns, ginger and chilli
- Hot Roots – root veg in a sweet brine with fresh chilli & coriander seed
- Pickled Slaw – This pickled version is an amazing alternative to mayo laden coleslaw
All varieties contain sulphites which are a natural byproduct of the vinegar fermentation.
- Raspberry & Vanilla (£6.00)
- Bee pollen & Mango (£6.00)
- Dark Milk (£6.00)
- Fig & Orange (£6.00)
- Salted Almond (£6.00)
- Island Sea Salt (£6.00)
- Coffee Bean (£6.00)
- 75% (£6.00)
Loose leaf tea varieties available:
- Bruntsfield Breakfast (organic) – classic blend of black Assam (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- First Flush Darjeeling – first harvest Darjeeling, floral & complex (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Earl Grey – Blue Flower – black tea flavoured with bergamot and blue cornflower petals (100g pouch) (£5.00)
- Evening Chai – Carob & cocoa kernels flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla (100g pouch) (£6.00)
- Orange Pistachio Rooibos – Rooibos flavoured with orange, pistachios and pink pepper (100g pouch) (£5.60)
- Tropical Dream – Fruity green Rooibos flavoured with mango pieces (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- Peppermint – Exceedingly aromatic whole peppermint leaves (40g pouch) (£5.00)
- Nana Mint – Pure Moroccan spearmint (40g pouch) (£3.50)
- China Gunpowder (organic) – Refreshing spicy and slightly smoky green tea (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Aracha – whole leaf green tea with a deep green colour and bold taste (50g pouch) (£8.00)
Fortitude locally roasted Coffee
Varieties available (250g bags):
- Fazenda Cetec (Brazil) – notes of plums, port & brown sugar (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.50)
- Gaikundo PB (Keyna)– notes of blackcurrant, grapefruit & honey (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£10.50)
- Caldono decaffeinated (Colombia) – notes of sweet apple, citrus & caramel (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.00)
Please note that these coffees are supplied as whole beans. Can be ground on request (please leave a note in the comment section of the order form if you require the beans to be ground).
Orkney Craft Vinegar
Both of these vinegars are fermented in small batches on Orkney and are probiotic live products.
The Bere Malt vinegar is made using Bere barley which is an ancient form of barley in use on Orkney for millennia. It is aged in oak barrels and has a deep malty, treacle-like flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
The Honey and Meadowsweet vinegar is made with pure honey & Orcadian spring water, infused with Meadowsweet. It is aged in chestnut barrels and has a light, delicate, floral/herbal flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
That’s Jammy Jams & Chutneys (£2.50 each)
Varieties available (100ml jars):
- Strawberry & balsamic jam
- Raspberry & amaretto jam
- Edinburgh plum jam
- Rhubarb & ginger jam
- Ginger & apple chutney
- Hot Chilli jam
Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil 500ml (£5.00)
Natural Oak Smoked Chipotle Oil 250ml (£4.00)
Dijon Vinaigrette 250ml (£3.50)
Honey & Mustard dressing (£3.50) **New in!**
LoveThatView Tea Towels (£9 each)
LoveThatView ToteBags (£5 each)
Riddle-Me-Rye sourdough starters (established 2009)
Sachet of dried wheat sourdough starter (£4.00)
Sachet of dried rye sourdough starter (£4.00)
How to order:
Complete the order form below by 7pm Thursday (29th November) for collection/delivery on Saturday (1st December). Collection from Riddle-Me-Rye HQ (Piershill Terrace, EH8 7EY) will be available between 10.00am-11am OR Baba Rista cafe from 9:30am – 4pm. Deliveries in Edinburgh by arrangement between 11.30am and 2pm. Deliveries are free but subject to a £10 minimum order and available only to postcodes in EH1, EH2, EH3, EH4, EH5, EH6, EH7, EH8 & EH9.
Please note that I can’t give a precise time for deliveries due to the variable nature of the route so I do encourage people to collect where possible if time is a factor. Once all orders are placed I will share my delivery route & approximate timings.
Products made using the following flours:
Mungoswells – Strong bread flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Strong brown bread flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Strong wholemeal flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Extra strong bread flour
Mungoswells – Whole Rye flour
Molino Grassi – Italian 00 flour.
All loaves contain cereals (gluten)
New York Deli Rye with Sesame coating contains sesame
Scones & brioche contains milk, eggs, gluten
All products made in an environment where cereals, milk, eggs, nuts & sesame are handled. Products cannot be guaranteed to be free from traces of these ingredients.
** Order book for Saturday 1st December is now full **