Please find below the pre-order details for Saturday 20th October:
** Order book for Saturday 20th October is now closed –
Don’t forget that Riddle-Me-Rye is also at Edinburgh Treat Fest 2018 on Sunday 21st October in The Hub on The Royal Mile, 11am – 5pm!! We will be there alongside a great range of other small Edinburgh food producers! Any support would be very much appreciated! 🙂 **
1/ Riddler – plain sourdough – Our signature loaf – it is made with 80% white wheat flour, 10% wholewheat and 10% whole rye. The wholewheat and rye contribute heaps of flavour and this classic sourdough works really well for all occasions! Despite being predominantly white flour there is still plenty of vitamins & minerals in it due to the presence of small particles of bran throughout the Mungoswells organic white flour that we use. (Large loaf £3.00) (Vegan, Dairy-free)
2/ Einkorn sourdough – Einkorn is one of the earliest cultivated grains, with evidence of its cultivation going back as far as 8650BC! It is a low-yielding crop which can grow well even on thin poor soil. Einkorn contains lower levels of gluten than modern wheat and is rich in protein, essential fatty acids, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B6 and beta-carotene.
This sourdough is made with a mixture of organic einkorn flour and organic wheat flour then rolled in einkorn flakes before a cold overnight proove. It has a nutty flavour with a very slight almost fragrant finish! (Medium loaf, £3.50)(Vegan, dairy free)
3/ Malted multigrain sourdough – Made with malted wheat flakes, sunflower seeds, malted barley flour, sesame seeds, malted rye grains, pumpkin seeds and linseeds! This loaf is flavoursome and highly nutritious, it is the sourdough equivalent of a granary-style loaf. (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free)
4/ Olive & Rosemary sourdough – classic flavour combination & firm customer favourite! This loaf contains a mixture of juicy green & kalamata olives, pumpkin seeds and rosemary. The olives and pumpkin seeds provide a good source of magnesium, iron, potassium, vitamin A and Omega-3 fatty acids (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free)
5/ Foreign Extra Rye – this sourdough is our take on a Danish rugbrød. We call it “Foreign Extra Rye” and the clue why is in the photograph below! Starting with Mungoswells 100% dark rye flour we add toasted sunflower seeds, malted rye chops and linseeds that have been soaked overnight in Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (the strong export version of this classic ale). Finally we add a touch of barley malt extract before bringing the whole thing together. The depth of flavour in this loaf is incredible! (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free)
6/ Focaccia – Light bubbly bread made with Italian flour, focaccia is perfect for tearing, sharing and snacking. This week we will have the following three varieties:
- Cherry tomato & thyme (Vegan, dairy-free) OR
- Courgette ribbons & parmesan OR
- Red onion & gruyere (pictured below)
Slices are approximately 6inch x 5inch in size. (Focaccia slice £3.00)
7/ Lemon & Vanilla Brioche Buns – this enriched bread is beautifully light and slightly sweet (we don’t believe in using loads of sugar in our brioche!). It is delightful for elevenses along with your tea or coffee and we certainly won’t raise an eyebrow here at Riddle-Me-Rye if you decide to dunk your brioche!
This variety is lightly flavoured with lemon and vanilla and just to keep you intrigued… there will be more flavours coming soon! (Large brioche bun, £2.50).
Also available are the following stock items:
Loose leaf tea varieties available:
- Bruntsfield Breakfast (organic) – classic blend of black Assam (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- First Flush Darjeeling – first harvest Darjeeling, floral & complex (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Earl Grey – Blue Flower – black tea flavoured with bergamot and blue cornflower petals (100g pouch) (£5.00)
- Evening Chai – Carob & cocoa kernels flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla (100g pouch) (£6.00)
- Orange Pistachio Rooibos – Rooibos flavoured with orange, pistachios and pink pepper (100g pouch) (£5.60)
- Tropical Dream – Fruity green Rooibos flavoured with mango pieces (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- Peppermint – Exceedingly aromatic whole peppermint leaves (40g pouch) (£5.00)
- Nana Mint – Pure Moroccan spearmint (40g pouch) (£3.50)
- China Gunpowder (organic) – Refreshing spicy and slightly smoky green tea (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Aracha – whole leaf green tea with a deep green colour and bold taste (50g pouch) (£8.00)
Fortitude locally roasted Coffee
Varieties available (250g bags):
- Santuario – notes of caramel, red apple & vanilla (recommended for espresso machines) (£8.00)
- Gaikundo PB – notes of blackcurrant, grapefruit & honey (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£10.50)
- Caldono decaffeinated – notes of sweet apple, citrus & caramel (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.00)
Please note that these coffees are supplied as whole beans. Can be ground on request (please leave a note in the comment section of the order form if you require the beans to be ground).
Orkney Craft Vinegar
Both of these vinegars are fermented in small batches on Orkney and are probiotic live products.
The Bere Malt vinegar is made using Bere barley which is an ancient form of barley in use on Orkney for millennia. It is aged in oak barrels and has a deep malty, treacle-like flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
The Honey and Meadowsweet vinegar is made with pure honey & Orcadian spring water, infused with Meadowsweet. It is aged in chestnut barrels and has a light, delicate, floral/herbal flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
That’s Jammy Jams & Chutneys (£2.50 each)
Varieties available (100ml jars):
- Strawberry and prosecco jam
- Strawberry and Leith gin jam
- Strawberry & balsamic jam
- Raspberry & Amaretto jam
- Raspberry & lime jam
- Ginger & apple chutney
- Courgette Chutney
- Hot Chilli jam
Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil 500ml (£5.00)
Natural Oak Smoked Chipotle Oil 250ml (£4.00)
Dijon Vinaigrette 250ml (£3.50)
Aye Pickled – Pickle Jars (£4.00 each)
Varieties available (425g jars):
- Bread & Butter pickles – wee cucumbers cured & pickled in a spice blend
- Thai shallots – pickled with lemongrass & kaffir lime
- Spicy Beets – golden beetroot pickled with peppercorns, ginger and chilli
- Hot Roots – root veg in a sweet brine with fresh chilli & coriander seed
- Pickled Slaw – This pickled version is an amazing alternative to mayo laden coleslaw
All varieties contain sulphites which are a natural byproduct of the vinegar fermentation.
- Raspberry & Vanilla (£6.00)
- Bee pollen & Mango (£6.00)
LoveThatView Tea Towels (£9 each)
LoveThatView ToteBags (£5 each)
Riddle-Me-Rye sourdough starters (established 2009)
Sachet of dried wheat sourdough starter (£4.00)
Sachet of dried rye sourdough starter (£4.00)
Complete the order form below by 7pm Thursday (18th October) for collection/delivery on Saturday (20th October). Collection from Riddle-Me-Rye HQ (Piershill Terrace, EH8 7EY) will be available between 10.00am-11am OR Baba Rista cafe from 9:30am – 4pm. Deliveries in Edinburgh by arrangement between 11.30am and 2pm. Deliveries are free but subject to a £10 minimum order and available only to postcodes in EH1, EH2, EH3, EH4, EH5, EH6, EH7, EH8 & EH9.
Please note that I can’t give a precise time for deliveries due to the variable nature of the route so I do encourage people to collect where possible if time is a factor. Once all orders are placed I will share my delivery route & approximate timings.
Products made using the following flours:
Mungoswells – Strong bread flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Strong brown bread flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Strong wholemeal flour (organic)
Mungoswells – Rye flour
Shipton Mill – Einkorn flour (organic)
Molino Grassi – Italian 00 flour.
All loaves contain cereals (gluten)
Multigrain sourdough contains sesame
Lemon & vanilla brioche contains milk, eggs, gluten
Focaccia contain gluten. Focaccia varieties with parmesan/gruyere contain milk
All products made in an environment where gluten, milk, eggs, nuts & sesame are handled. Products cannot be guaranteed to be free from traces of these ingredients.
** Order book for Saturday 20th October is now closed **