** The order book for Saturday 16th Feb is now closed – please try again next week **
1/ New York Deli Rye – Sourdough loaf made from a mixture of wheat and rye flour, flavoured with caraway seeds. New York Deli Rye has its origins in Jewish bakeries in the Lower-East side of New York and gave rise to that most famous of sandwiches – pastrami on rye! Have it with your choice of sesame or poppy seed dressing. (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free).
2/ Sprouted Barley sourdough – Sprouted grains contain a wealth of nutrients as the grains gear up to produce a new plant. The sprouting process increases levels of key nutrients such as B vitamins, vitamin C, amino acids and folate. We can harness this natural process and capture the sprouting grains at their peak and use them to create some delicious breads! In this case we have sprouted barley grains and incorporated the whole sprouted grains into a dough which is predominantly organic wheat with a touch of rye (10%). Finally the dough is rolled in barley flakes before being cold fermented and baked to a beautiful golden hue!
It has a wonderful nutty flavour, wholesome texture from the sprouted grains and is jam-packed with nutrition! (Medium loaf, £3.50)(Vegan, dairy free)
3/ Dalradian Sourdough – Potato, buttermilk, dulse (dillisk seaweed) & oat sourdough *Sold out*
This loaf was a Silver medal winner at the 2018 Scottish Bread Championships!
It is inspired by the ancient kingdom of Dalriada which once spanned Western Scotland and Northeast Ireland. It tells the story of an Ulsterman’s journey to Scotland. Bringing the traditional potatoes & buttermilk of home, collecting dulse (dillisk seaweed) on the shores during his crossing & combining with the golden wheat & oats of this new land across the water which he now calls home. It mirrors my personal journey and pays homage to the traditional ingredients of Scotland and Ireland – this is a potato, buttermilk, dulse & oat sourdough. (Medium loaf, £4.00)(Vegetarian)
4/ Tourte au Seigle – A traditional French sourdough loaf containing 73% dark rye flour, it has a beautifully complex flavour which continues to develop as the loaf ages. It has a very thick crust with a moist crumb and keeps exceptionally well. Traditionally served sliced thinly, it works very well with smoked salmon, cheese, and charcuterie. (large loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free)
5/ Focaccia – Light bubbly bread made with Italian flour, focaccia is perfect for tearing, sharing and snacking. This week we will have the following three varieties:
- Cherry tomato & green olive (Vegan, dairy-free, £3.00/slice) *Sold out*
- Courgette & parmesan (£3.00/slice) *Sold out*
- Rosemary & rock salt (Vegan, dairy free, £2.50/slice) *Sold out*
Slices are approximately 6inch x 5inch in size.
6/ Ploughman’s scones – vintage cheddar, pickled onion & apple (Vegetarian, £1.50 each)
7/ Rhubarb & ginger scones (Vegetarian, £1.50 each)
Also available are the following stock items:
Aye Pickled – Pickle Jars ( **10% off this week only – reduced from £4 to £3.60 each** )
Varieties available (425g jars):
- Bread & Butter pickles – wee cucumbers cured & pickled in a spice blend
- Thai shallots – pickled with lemongrass & kaffir lime
- Spicy Beets – golden beetroot pickled with peppercorns, ginger and chilli
- Hot Roots – root veg in a sweet brine with fresh chilli & coriander seed
- Pickled Slaw – This pickled version is an amazing alternative to mayo laden coleslaw
All varieties contain sulphites which are a natural byproduct of the vinegar fermentation.
Spice Witch Relishes, Mustards & Chutneys (£5.00 each)
Varieties available (all 205g jars except mustard which is 195g):
- Smoky Tomato Relish (Great Taste 2018 – 1 star)
- Plum & red onion relish
- Maple & Chilli mustard
- Carrot & Caraway Relish
- Mango & Chilli Chutney (Great Taste 2017 – 1 star)
- Raspberry & Vanilla (£6.00)
- Bee pollen & Mango (£6.00)
- Dark Milk (£6.00)
- Island Sea Salt (£6.00)
- Coffee Bean (£6.00)
- 75% (£6.00)
Loose leaf tea varieties available:
- Bruntsfield Breakfast (organic) – classic blend of black Assam (100g pouch) (£5.50)
- First Flush Darjeeling – first harvest Darjeeling, floral & complex (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Evening Chai – Carob & cocoa kernels flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla (100g pouch) (£6.00)
- Orange Pistachio Rooibos – Rooibos flavoured with orange, pistachios and pink pepper (100g pouch) (£5.60)
- Peppermint – Exceedingly aromatic whole peppermint leaves (40g pouch) (£5.00)
- Nana Mint – Pure Moroccan spearmint (40g pouch) (£3.50)
- China Gunpowder (organic) – Refreshing spicy and slightly smoky green tea (100g pouch) (£6.50)
- Aracha – whole leaf green tea with a deep green colour and bold taste (50g pouch) (£8.00)
Fortitude locally roasted Coffee
Varieties available (250g bags):
- Fazenda Cetec (natural) (Brazil) – This is a rich and sweet cup with flavours of raisins, pecan and smooth caramel. (recommended for espresso/filter/cafetiere) (£8.50)**
**Please note that these coffees are supplied as whole beans. Can be ground on request (please leave a note in the comment section of the order form if you require the beans to be ground and whether you would like fine/medium/coarse grind).
Orkney Craft Vinegar
Both of these vinegars are fermented in small batches on Orkney and are probiotic live products.
The Bere Malt vinegar is made using Bere barley which is an ancient form of barley in use on Orkney for millennia. It is aged in oak barrels and has a deep malty, treacle-like flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
The Honey and Meadowsweet vinegar is made with pure honey & Orcadian spring water, infused with Meadowsweet. It is aged in chestnut barrels and has a light, delicate, floral/herbal flavour. (250ml bottle, £8.50)
That’s Jammy Jams & Chutneys (£2.50 each)
Varieties available (100ml jars):
- Strawberry & balsamic jam
- Raspberry & amaretto jam
- Edinburgh plum jam
- Rhubarb & ginger jam
- Ginger & apple chutney
- Hot Chilli jam (**Last remaining stock Best Before 13/3/19 – Reduced to £1.50**)
- Courgette chutney
- Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil 500ml (£5.00)
- Natural Oak Smoked Chipotle Oil 250ml (£4.00)
- Dijon Vinaigrette 250ml (£3.50)
- Honey & Mustard dressing (£3.50)
LoveThatView Tea Towels (£9 each)
LoveThatView ToteBags (£5 each)
Riddle-Me-Rye sourdough starters (established 2009)
- Sachet of dried wheat sourdough starter (£4.00)
- Sachet of dried rye sourdough starter (£4.00)
How to order:
Complete the order form below by 7pm Thursday (14th February) for collection/delivery on Saturday (16th February). Collection from Riddle-Me-Rye HQ (Piershill Terrace, EH8 7EY) will be available between 10.00am & 12noon. Deliveries in Edinburgh by arrangement between 12noon and 3pm. Deliveries are £2, with a £10 minimum order, and available only to postcodes in EH1, EH2, EH3, EH4, EH5, EH6, EH7, EH8 & EH9.
Please note that I can’t give a precise time for deliveries due to the variable nature of the route so I do encourage people to collect where possible if time is a factor. Once all orders are placed I will share my delivery route & approximate timings.
Products made using the following flours:
- Mungoswells – Strong bread flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Strong brown bread flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Strong wholemeal flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Rye flour
- Mungoswells – Extra strong bread flour
- Shipton Mill – Ciabatta Flour (organic)
All loaves & focaccia contain cereals (gluten)
Dalradian sourdough contains buttermilk (milk)
New York Deli rye with sesame coating contains sesame
Scones contain milk, eggs & gluten
Focaccia may contain parmesan cheese (milk) depending on variety as specified.
All products made in an environment where cereals, milk, eggs, nuts & sesame are handled. Products cannot be guaranteed to be free from traces of these ingredients.