Please see below the pre-order selection for Friday 20th December:
**The order book for Friday is now closed**
1/ Pain de Campagne (French Country Sourdough) – Hearty country bread with a chewy flavoursome crust. Made with a rye sourdough starter which gives it a lovely acetic tang. This is one of THE classic sourdough loaves! A great all rounder – perfect for sandwiches, toast or with cheese! (Large loaf, £3.50)(Vegan, dairy free)
2/ New York Deli Rye – Sourdough loaf made from a mixture of wheat and rye flour, flavoured with caraway seeds. New York Deli Rye has its origins in Jewish bakeries in the Lower-East side of New York. Have it with your choice of sesame or poppy seed dressing. (Medium loaf £3.50) (Vegan, dairy free).
3/ Vollkornbrot – Made with 100% dark rye flour with an addition of cracked rye and sunflower seeds. A dense bread which is traditionally sliced thinly it is an ideal accompaniment to smoked fish, charcuterie, cheeses, pickles or simply spread with butter. It keeps exceptionally well and since it is not a crusty bread can even be kept in the fridge if desired. (520g loaf, £3.50)(Vegan, dairy free)
4/ Focaccia – Light bubbly traditional Italian bread made with biga (a portion of pre-fermented flour), focaccia is perfect for tearing, sharing and snacking. This week we will have the following varieties:
- Cherry tomato (Vegan, dairy-free, £3.00/slice) (Pictured below)
- Caramelised onion & thyme (Vegan, dairy-free (£3.00/slice)
- Garlic & Rosemary (Vegan, dairy-free (£2.50/slice)
Slices are approximately 6inch x 5inch in size.
Also available are the following stock items:
Loose leaf tea varieties available:
- First Flush Darjeeling – first harvest Darjeeling, floral & complex (100g pouch) (£6.50) *Reduced to £5.50*
- Evening Chai – Carob & cocoa kernels flavoured with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and vanilla (100g pouch) (£6.00) *Reduced to £5.00*
- Orange Pistachio Rooibos – Rooibos flavoured with orange, pistachios and pink pepper (100g pouch) (£5.60) *Reduced to £4.50*
- Peppermint – Exceedingly aromatic whole peppermint leaves (40g pouch) (£5.00) *Reduced to £4.00*
- Aracha – whole leaf green tea with a deep green colour and bold taste (50g pouch) (£6.00) *Reduced to £5.00*
- China Gunpowder (organic) – Refreshing spicy and slightly smoky green tea (100g pouch) (£5.00) *Reduced to £4.00*
We have available our last remaining stock of the following items:
- Love Edinburgh tote bags – £3 (*12 in stock*)
How to order:
Complete the order form below by 7pm Wednesday (18th Dec) for collection/delivery on Friday (20th Dec). Deliveries will be made from 12noon-4pm to addresses in EH1-9 (£12 min order including £2 delivery fee). Collection from Riddle-Me-Rye HQ (Piershill Terrace, EH8 7EY) will be available between 5pm and 7pm.
Products made using the following flours:
- Mungoswells – Strong bread flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Strong brown bread flour (organic)
- Mungoswells – Strong wholemeal flour (organic)
- Marriages – Very strong Manitoba bread flour
- Shipton Mill – Italian Ciabatta flour (organic)
- Doves – Dark rye flour (organic)
All loaves & focaccia contain cereals (gluten)
New York deli rye contains poppy seeds / sesame seeds depending on variety chosen
All products made in an environment where cereals, nuts, sesame & soya are handled. Products cannot be guaranteed to be free from traces of these ingredients.